HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY SERIES
5-WEEK SELF-CARE SERIES:
ART, CREATIVE PROCESS & SELF-CARE
Self-care is complicated. We know that we need to take care of ourselves in the face of ever-busying lives, occupational burnout, and growing anxiety around …well, everything. But the term “self-care” isn’t always as warm and friendly a notion as it ought to be. Rather than inspiring and activating us, it often makes us feel defeated before we’ve even begun, or flailing for ideas and tangible solutions. And oh my gosh…time…seems increasingly elusive and fleeting.
The idea behind this 5-week series is to develop a customized, hands-on, realistic, and sustainable arts-based plan and practice – as a way to address our efforts to take care of ourselves. Grounded in creative process and expression by way of exploring art materials, the idea is to co-create something that suits YOU, and fits into YOUR life.
- 5-week private (one-on-one) series, each weekly session will be 1.5 hours. Your sessions can be scheduled on the same day and time each week, or can be different each week to fit into your schedule. Start up whenever you like, and space the sessions out however you like. * NOTE: All sessions in the series must be used within 3 months of the date of your first session.
- Cost is $350 for the full 5-week series. Includes all art materials. * NOTE: This amount does not include the cost of your take home kit that will be designed for you by the end of the series.
- Each session will explore at least 2 different (art) materials and ways of using them…some traditional, others less so. * NOTE: Sessions will not include technical instruction in terms of traditional technique, but will be focused on exploration of materials, play and creative expression.
- Your self-care plan will include a list of art materials for your “kit” (as well as suggestions for places to purchase them), and a customized strategy and schedule for creating space (physical space, and time) to implement your plan. * NOTE: For an additional cost, I’m also happy to gather and create a ready-to-go art kit for you. Please let me know if this is something that you’d like to discuss in more detail.
- No experience with art or art materials is required.
- The goal of this series is to co-create a self-care plan that feels interesting, helpful, realistic, and sustainable for you. And while I am a practicing Art Therapist, the sessions within this particular series will not be therapy sessions in a formal sense. They can certainly be an excellent introduction to the practice, theory, and possible applications of Art Therapy, but they will not be an opportunity to address and work through any specific issues or concerns. Having said that, I’m very happy to chat with you about other therapy-based options in terms of private and group sessions.
- This particular series is for private (one-on-one) sessions, but if you’re interested in something similar for groups please let me know. If you already have a group I’m happy to customize a series for you, or if you’d like to join a group of new folks and peers I may be offering similar group series this coming Spring.
© 2018 HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY.