HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY ABOUT
SHAUNA KAENDO – Art therapist and mixed media artist working and living in Vancouver (on the unceded lands of the Coast Salish peoples). I hold a BFA from Emily Carr University, and completed my Art Therapy training at the Vancouver Art Therapy Institute. I am an active member (and past Board Member) of the BC Art Therapy Association.
SHAUNA KAENDO | BFA, DVATI
Vancouver-based, certified art therapist
My approach to art therapy is grounded in process, play and exploration of materials. In finding creative ways to express and understand ourselves better, we are better able to imagine and make change in our lives and relationships (personal and professional), and to create more balance amidst our whirlwinds.
I LOVE THIS WORK and every minute that I am fortunate enough to do and share it. If you have ANY questions, please ask.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Self-care, life balance
- Women's support (empowerment, decisions around/considering childfree living, aging, peri/menopause, relationships)
- Burnout and compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers)
- Feeling stuck (overwhelmed, underwhelmed, paralyzed, scared)
- Anxiety, depression
- Stress management, anger
- Transition (big & small life changes, grief, loss)
- Developing a creative practice
ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause. With time, space, and support ...to discover clarity around what you want.
- Be supported through challenging life situations and changes.
- Explore new ways of accessing and understanding your emotions, your body, and your needs.
- Discover and explore your strengths and capacity to initiate and create change in your life.
- Explore and address your concerns through a combination of talk, art-making, and creative process.
- Learn how to access creative process (and develop a creative practice) as a resource and ongoing support tool.
“As we engage the unconscious and imagination in creative process, we experience ourselves as active participants in life, explorers with the power to reshape our responses to our life stories – rather than victims of our circumstances”.
– DARIA HALPRIN
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s …sign up for my mailing list!
I promise I won’t spam you, or share your information.
Grateful to be living and working on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples - xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.