HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY ABOUT
SHAUNA KAENDO | BFA, DVATI
Professional Art Therapist
My approach to art therapy and art-making is grounded in an emphasis on process, play and exploration of materials. And the belief that we all have the potential (and capacity) to make change in our lives, and to create more balance amidst our whirlwinds.
Art therapy encompasses everything I love about art and art-making, in many ways – but in large part because of the possibilities around well-being, collaboration and community-building by way of active self-care, peer support and connection, and creative expression.
I offer private one-on-one sessions, and group art therapy and art-making workshops out of my downtown Vancouver studio.
Art Therapist and mixed media artist working and living in Vancouver (on the unceded lands of the Coast Salish peoples). I hold a BFA from Emily Carr University, and completed my Art Therapy training at the Vancouver Art Therapy Institute. I am an active member (and hold a position on the Board of Directors) of the BC Art Therapy Association.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Self-care, life balance
- Burnout and compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers)
- Feeling stuck (overwhelmed, underwhelmed, paralyzed, scared)
- Anxiety, depression
- Stress management, anger
- Women's support (empowerment, aging, peri/menopause, relationships)
- Transition (big & small life changes, grief, loss)
- Developing a creative practice
ONE-ON-ONE ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause. With time, space, and support ...to discover clarity around what you want.
- Be supported through challenging life situations and changes.
- Explore new ways of accessing and understanding your emotions, your body, and your needs.
- Discover and explore your strengths and capacity to initiate and create change in your life.
- Explore and address your concerns through a combination of talk, art-making, and creative process.
- Learn how to access creative process (and develop a creative practice) as a resource and ongoing support tool.
“As we engage the unconscious and imagination in creative process, we experience ourselves as active participants in life, explorers with the power to reshape our responses to our life stories – rather than victims of our circumstances”.
– Daria Halprin
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’re interested in receiving information about upcoming art therapy workshops, events, and promotions …sign up for my mailing list!
I promise I won’t spam you, or share your information.
© 2018 HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY. LIVING AND WORKING ON COAST SALISH TERRITORY.