HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY PRIVATE SESSIONS
Private art therapy sessions are a great opportunity to have a chunk of time dedicated to just YOU. Time that can be spent creating (with or without purpose, or a project in mind), talking (or not), and having some time to pause and reflect on it all.
My personal approach to art therapy is very much grounded in creative process – exploring art materials in different ways (traditional and non-traditional) to see what they can do, how they behave in different combinations, and how those different materials and processes make you feel.
It also feels important to note that while art therapy is sometimes seen as an alternative to talk therapy (sometimes we can’t find the words that feel right, or words just don’t suffice) – it needn’t necessarily be seen as something that is “instead of” talk therapy. There is enormous potential benefit in combining different modalities of therapy, and finding a collaborative approach to addressing our issues and finding balance amidst our whirlwinds.
No experience with art or art materials is required!
If you have any questions – please ask.
I offer a free 20 min consultation for those exploring their options, and feeling curious about art therapy – I very much appreciate the importance of feeling like both a therapy modality and therapist are a good fit. Consultations are by phone, Skype, Facetime, or Zoom.
All materials are included. Sliding scale rates available.
1.5hr (90min) session: $135
3 sessions: $365
5 sessions: $605
10 sessions: $1215
PLEASE NOTE: Packages are prepaid and are non-refundable, and you have up to one year to use all of your sessions.
I’m very happy to offer sliding scale rate options – PLEASE don’t be shy to reach out if this is something that you’re interested in. Life can be bonkers expensive, and it’s important to me that my services be accessible to those that are interested.
Sliding scale range: $100 – $135
I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Appointments that are cancelled with less than 24 hour notice are charged a percentage of the session fee. Missed appointments are charged the full session fee.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Self-care, life balance
- Burnout and compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers)
- Feeling stuck (overwhelmed, underwhelmed, paralyzed, scared)
- Anxiety, depression
- Stress management, anger
- Women's support (empowerment, aging, peri/menopause, relationships)
- Transition (big & small life changes, grief, loss)
- Developing a creative practice
ONE-ON-ONE ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause. With time, space, and support ...to discover clarity around what you want.
- Be supported through challenging life situations and changes.
- Explore new ways of accessing and understanding your emotions, your body, and your needs.
- Discover and explore your strengths and capacity to initiate and create change in your life.
- Explore and address your concerns through a combination of talk, art-making, and creative process.
- Learn how to access creative process (and develop a creative practice) as a resource and ongoing support tool.
Author Ursula Le Guin describes our imaginations as the single most useful tool that we possess – a tool that we have to learn how to use, “to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them” – that the learning, teaching, and exercising of our imaginations is something foundational to our basic life skills “for growth, for health, for competence, for joy”.
“Attending Shauna’s studio and taking part in her art therapy sessions over the last year has helped me immensely. I appreciate her calm presence and openness. Her studio is judgement-free and very welcoming. It is full of endless supplies for creating, including traditional art supplies as well as other materials for exploring, or for people who might not consider themselves artists. Shauna is really great at meeting me where I’m at in the moment, and adjusting on the spot.”
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’re interested in receiving information about upcoming art therapy workshops, events, and promotions …sign up for my mailing list!
I promise I won’t spam you, or share your information.
© 2018 HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY. LIVING AND WORKING ON COAST SALISH TERRITORY.