HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY NEURODIVERGENT SUPPORT GROUPS
FOR NEURODIVERGENT FOLKS
I don’t have any upcoming dates at the moment, but do let me know if you’d like to be added to my waitlist for this group!
ABOUT THE GROUPS
These are support groups for women and non-binary folks (adults) who identify as Neurodivergent (with or without a formal diagnosis). We will be sharing stories, experiences, time, space, resources, strategies …and taking some practical steps towards building CREATIVE CARE PRACTICES to support ourselves and each other.
It is a space to allow yourself to be vulnerable, supported, seen & heard. A space where we can be our gloriously divergent selves. IN community.
Maximum of 8 participants in each group.
- 9 online (Zoom) group sessions, 2 hours each.
- Free access to my Bilateral Drawing Club (for 3 months).
- Access to shared resources page (books, podcasts, art/writing prompts…).
- Access to a group conversation on Signal (optional – for group members to stay connected outside of our sessions together).
- 20% discount on all of my online workshops for 6 months. This includes single workshops and series (but excludes BDC, which is a by-donation membership).
ART IN THIS GROUP:
- We will have dedicated art-making time within each session together …after you’ve registered I’ll be in touch with more details about materials to gather for each week.
- The focus of our art-making will always be rooted in building supportive/creative practices that can be repeated ….so, process over product.
- Some materials/processes that we’ll be working with: watercolour paint, fabric, slow-stitch, clay (air-dry, plastecene), collage/mixed media.
If you have any questions about this group, or aren’t sure it’ll be a good fit for you …please reach out if you’d like to arrange a free “more info” consult with me …either by phone or zoom.
My hope is to create a space that is supportive, creative, curious… empowering. A community where we can show up in and with the richness of our experiences.
This is a support group is for women and non-binary folks (adults) who are interested in stepping into more creativity and curiosity around understanding, managing and supporting themselves in their experiences of Neurodivergence. Sharing and gathering resources, building creative care practices that reduce and soothe overwhelm… and support day-to-day balance and grounding… that allow us to step into agency and choice… to create more ease in our lives, individually AND collectively.
If the lump sum cost of this group is a barrier to you attending, I’m happy to chat about instalment payments. Please message me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a plan!
If you’re registered and find yourself unable to attend, I will offer a refund or credit up to 3 days BEFORE the group start date (and possibly less IF I’m able to fill your spot before the first session). Beyond that, you will be responsible for the registration cost …though you are absolutely welcome to give your space to a friend! Again, this would need to happen before our first week together, as I will not be letting anyone new into the group after that.
- Chat about Neurodiversity/Neurodivergence, Creative Care Practices, group guidelines, introductions, art-making, discussion.
- Sharing our stories …space to focus on 2 folks each session (approx 15min/each), in a way that best serves YOU. You get to decide what you’d like that to be …maybe it’s sharing personal experience, challenges, questions, ideas, requests for feedback/advice… maybe it’s sending questions or a topic to the group in advance (or in the moment), that we can jump into collectively. You get to choose. And, if this is something that brings up any uneasiness/paralysis with you I’d be happy to schedule a quick zoom chat to discuss some options in advance!
- Art-making, discussion.
- More stories, sharing, discussion, art-making… I’ll have some themes/topics to bring to the group, but we’ll always prioritize going where our conversations take us.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
Sign up if you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s!