HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY ONLINE SESSIONS
ONLINE ART THERAPY
My online sessions are currently being facilitated on Zoom, which is a very easy to use (and access) video conferencing platform.
Private sessions can range anywhere from what you might imagine seeking counselling/therapy support for… to something more focused on developing a creative practice, learning to work with art materials in different (less formal, more curious) ways, working with creative blocks… (re)learning how to play as a gift of pause and reflection for yourself.
ALSO, there’s something that I want to say about facilitating sessions in this way, online… I never (ever) would have imagined it, and hadn’t even considered moving the work that I do online prior to COVID… but it works. I know, I’m surprised too. But it still feels personal, and intimate. It still feels like we’re sharing space, and time, and pause. And while it’s different (of course) than being face-to-face in the same room… we can still have an experience of sharing our faces, our gestures, our voices and intonation.
See my Rates page for details.
- All private sessions must be pre-paid. See my Private Art Therapy page for more information.
- All of my online/remote sessions are facilitated on Zoom (a video conferencing platform, that’s very easy to use and access for most).
- Once I’ve received your booking (and payment) I will send you the information that you’ll need to access our Zoom session.
- PLEASE NOTE that these sessions will NOT be recorded, for reasons of confidentiality and privacy.
- With these sessions taking place online, you will need to provide your own art materials. This is something that we can talk about in more detail via email or phone prior to your first session. Also, see my Art Materials page for suggestions.
- COVID NOTE: If you are feeling ill in any way, please let me know and we will cancel or postpone your session to another day (with NO cancellation fee).
- We can work with any art materials that you have on-hand, or I’ve also prepared a list of suggested materials that you can purchase (or gather) in advance of our session(s).
- For an additional cost, I can also gather and deliver (or pop in the mail) art materials for you. If this is something you’re interested in, please let me know.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Neurodiversity/Neurodivergence (including, but not limited to: ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia, Sensory Processing divergence, HSP...)
- Building practices of body-based creative curiosity
- Getting unstuck (overwhelm, underwhelm, complacency)
- Nervous system health, grounding practices
- Living in alignment with personal values
- Social activism, self & collective care, liberatory practices
- Women's support (empowerment, decisions around/considering childfree living, the aging body, peri/menopause)
- Burnout & compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers, creatives)
- Anxiety, depression, fatigue, shutdown
- Trauma-informed grounding & processing
- Anger, irritability, frustration, stress management
- Developing (or re-igniting) a creative practice
ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause - with time, space, and support.
- Learn how to notice how you're ACTUALLY feeling in any given moment, how the world (and it's sensory information) is affecting you - not how you should feel, but how you DO feel. Without judgement, without fixing... learning how to understand your experience differently.
- Explore different ways to be present and aware in your body, in discomfort, in transition - with creativity and curiosity.
- Create some space for regeneration, integration... learning, and unlearning.
- Learn and integrate small practices to help you to show up for yourself, and build self-trust.
- Build capacity to imagine, initiate, and create change in your life.
- Explore a collaborative approach to the work of personal healing - through a combination of talk, art-making, creative process, movement, and somatic awareness.
Author Ursula Le Guin describes our imaginations as the single most useful tool that we possess – a tool that we have to learn how to use, “to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them” – that the learning, teaching, and exercising of our imaginations is something foundational to our basic life skills “for growth, for health, for competence, for joy”.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
Sign up if you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s!
If you're able, I'd love it if you'd join my Patreon community in support of my Healing Fund! All proceeds collected go towards free private art therapy and/or group workshops for folks who need the support but who can't afford the expense.