HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY ONLINE WORKSHOPS
For the duration of this thing that we’re all in the midst of, my workshops will be offered online ONLY. I am using a video conferencing platform called Zoom, which is very easy to use and access.
PLEASE NOTE that my workshops will NOT be recorded, so if you miss it I won’t be able to send it to you later. You have to show up! Groups are small, personal, and interactive.
Who the heck knows when this will pass, and what anything will look like and feel like and BE like on the other side of it. But in the meantime, I will continue running my online workshops… and will try my best to bend and shape the content, the conversations, the processes to support us all in finding creative ways to navigate this indescribable time.
Workshops address different (but related) aspects of noticing, managing and processing all of the stuff that’s coming up amid this crisis that we find ourselves navigating. We will be looking at ways to ground ourselves, calm our nervous systems, making space for ALL of the emotions and responses, and ways that we can EXPRESS all of it. We’ll practice slowing down, layering, reframing, being bold, sitting with discomfort, noticing, pausing, digging in.
Grounding, Rhythm & Bi-Lateral Drawing
THURS JUN 4, 10:30am-12:30pm PST | REGISTER
This is a workshop that I’m doing in collaboration
with CARFAC British Columbia.
$20 for CARFAC BC members / $35 for non-members
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
lrg sheet of paper, pastels (oil or chalk), masking tape.
(see details/alternatives on event listing)
SHAKE, SHAKE, WIGGLE
30 minute mini-workshop, $10
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
no materials required! just you and your Zoom.
Watercolour, Staining & Stitching
2-hr workshops, $35
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
watercolour paper, watercolour paints, forage nature/kitchen objects, paint brush(es), scissors, glue, embroidery thread, embroidery needle.
- I will be posting each workshop on Eventbrite (which allows for credit/debit payment).
- BUT if you would prefer to pay by e-transfer, please go ahead and do that (send to Shauna Kaendofirstname.lastname@example.org). Once I’ve received your payment, you will receive confirmation (and reminders) through Eventbrite. If you choose this option, please send me an email to confirm your name, email, and e-transfer details.
HOW MY ONLINE WORKSHOPS WORK...
- All workshops are currently happening online only, on Zoom. Once you’ve registered through Eventbrite, you will receive all info that you’ll need to access the workshop on Zoom.
- Groups are small (max 8 people) & interactive. This means that everyone who attends is visible (via Zoom), and participates in the shared conversation & art-making.
- Workshops are for adults only (18+).
- Because this is all happening online, you will need to provide your own art materials. I list all req’d materials (and suggestions for alternatives) on the Eventbrite page, so please check that list BEFORE registering to be sure that you have what you’ll need to participate.
- PLEASE NOTE that my workshops will NOT be recorded, so if you miss it I won’t be able to send it to you later.
- Vibe is informal, chatty, and very much about sharing time and space …stories, experiences, thoughts, frustrations, and what-have-you’s.
- A list of materials required for each workshop will be listed in the event description (please check before registering). I will also include ideas for alternative materials.
- See my Art Materials page for lists of suggested materials to get you started.
- Many art supply shops are still open for online/phone orders and curbside/no-contact pick-up or delivery. Some suggestions for those of you in Vancouver: Opus Art Supplies, Rath Art Supplies, Urban Source, and Collage Collage.
NOTES ABOUT WORKSHOPS IN GENERAL
- If you’d like a visual glimpse into what we get up to in my workshops please visit me on Instagram.
- For reference, you can see the details of my usual in-person offerings (Community Workshops) to get a sense of what we get up to in my regular groups. There will of course be differences in what we can do together online versus in-person – but here we are, in this together and making it work!
- You needn’t have ANY experience with art or art materials to participate (and benefit from) any of my workshops.
- Groups are small, usually 5 people (in-person) and 8 people (online) . They are also generous, warm, and supportive. They are easily among my favourite things.
- In all of my workshops, our focus is on exploring different art materials in lots of different ways …and noticing how those different materials and processes make us feel. And while I am here for any technical assistance you may need, our goal is not to focus on technical skill…but instead on curiosity.
- PLEASE NOTE that workshop registrations are refundable within 3 days only …otherwise, they are transferrable so if you can’t make it, send a friend!
PRIVATE GROUP BOOKINGS
All of my workshops are available for private group bookings!
Maybe my existing dates don’t work for you, or you just want to (virtually) gather a gaggle of pals or co-workers together for a fun couple of hours of something new! I offer lots of different ongoing group workshops, and can also customize something special for your group.
“As we engage the unconscious and imagination in creative process, we experience ourselves as active participants in life, explorers with the power to reshape our responses to our life stories – rather than victims of our circumstances”.
– DARIA HALPRIN
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s …sign up for my mailing list!
I promise I won’t spam you, or share your information.
Grateful to be living and working on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples - xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.