HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY ONLINE WORKSHOPS
For the duration of this thing that we’re all in the midst of, my workshops will be offered online ONLY. I am using a video conferencing platform called Zoom, which is very easy to use and access.
PLEASE NOTE that my workshops will NOT be recorded, so if you miss it I won’t be able to send it to you later. You have to show up! Groups are small, personal, and interactive.
Rest & Regeneration: Stain & Stitch
Who the heck knows when this will pass, and what anything will look like and feel like and BE like on the other side of it. But in the meantime, I will continue running my online workshops… and will try my best to bend and shape the content, the conversations, the processes to support us all in finding creative ways to navigate this indescribable time.
Workshops address different (but related) aspects of noticing, managing and processing all of the stuff that’s coming up amid this crisis that we find ourselves navigating. We will be looking at ways to ground ourselves, calm our nervous systems, making space for ALL of the emotions and responses, and ways that we can EXPRESS all of it. We’ll practice slowing down, layering, reframing, being bold, sitting with discomfort, noticing, pausing, digging in.
Update June 16: If you identify as an ally, an accomplice, a co-conspirator… in the work of anti-racism, anti-oppression, decolonization, social action. In the work of creating a different world together… then you’re probably exhausted.
But PLEASE DON’T STOP. Do rest. Do take care of yourself (you’re needed!). Rest, process, integrate, replenish.
And then get back to it. In YOUR way, which doesn’t need to look like anyone else’s way.
But do not stop.
This is an uprising.
Gather your resources, your supports, your inspirations. And let’s keep moving forward.
I am going to be offering some new online support group workshops – specifically focused on doing the regenerative work of TAKING CARE… of processing, expressing, pausing, grounding, integrating, resting… of finding ways to keep yourself moving forward. Because that’s what keeps US moving forward. Collectively, in community.
I want to be clear… these workshops will not be anti-racism education. That is not my realm of expertise. But they WILL be (I hope) a helpful community-based support in doing that work.
More details soon.
HOW MY ONLINE WORKSHOPS WORK...
- All workshops are currently happening online only, on Zoom. Once you’ve registered through Eventbrite, you will receive all info that you’ll need to access the workshop on Zoom.
- Groups are small (max 8 people) & interactive. This means that everyone who attends is visible (via Zoom), and participates in the shared conversation & art-making.
- Workshops are for adults only (18+).
- Because this is all happening online, you will need to provide your own art materials. I list all req’d materials (and suggestions for alternatives) on the Eventbrite page, so please check that list BEFORE registering to be sure that you have what you’ll need to participate.
- PLEASE NOTE that my workshops will NOT be recorded, so if you miss it I won’t be able to send it to you later.
- Vibe is informal, chatty, and very much about sharing time and space …stories, experiences, thoughts, frustrations, and what-have-you’s.
- A list of materials required for each workshop will be listed in the event description (please check before registering). I will also include ideas for alternative materials.
- See my Art Materials page for lists of suggested materials to get you started.
- Many art supply shops are still open for online/phone orders and curbside/no-contact pick-up or delivery. Some suggestions for those of you in Vancouver: Opus Art Supplies, Rath Art Supplies, Urban Source, and Collage Collage.
NOTES ABOUT WORKSHOPS IN GENERAL
- If you’d like a visual glimpse into what we get up to in my workshops please visit me on Instagram.
- For reference, you can see the details of my usual in-person offerings (Community Workshops) to get a sense of what we get up to in my regular groups. There will of course be differences in what we can do together online versus in-person – but here we are, in this together and making it work!
- You needn’t have ANY experience with art or art materials to participate (and benefit from) any of my workshops.
- Groups are small, usually 5 people (in-person) and 8 people (online) . They are also generous, warm, and supportive. They are easily among my favourite things.
- In all of my workshops, our focus is on exploring different art materials in lots of different ways …and noticing how those different materials and processes make us feel. And while I am here for any technical assistance you may need, our goal is not to focus on technical skill…but instead on curiosity.
- PLEASE NOTE that workshop registrations are refundable within 3 days only …otherwise, they are transferrable so if you can’t make it, send a friend!
PRIVATE GROUP BOOKINGS
All of my workshops are available for private group bookings!
Maybe my existing dates don’t work for you, or you just want to (virtually) gather a gaggle of pals or co-workers together for a fun couple of hours of something new! I offer lots of different ongoing group workshops, and can also customize something special for your group.
- I will be posting each workshop on Eventbrite (which allows for credit/debit payment).
- BUT if you would prefer to pay by e-transfer, please go ahead and do that (send to Shauna Kaendoemail@example.com). Once I’ve received your payment, you will receive confirmation (and reminders) through Eventbrite. If you choose this option, please send me an email to confirm your name, email, and e-transfer details.
“As we engage the unconscious and imagination in creative process, we experience ourselves as active participants in life, explorers with the power to reshape our responses to our life stories – rather than victims of our circumstances”.
– DARIA HALPRIN
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s …sign up for my mailing list! I promise I won’t spam you, or share your information.
JOIN MY PATREON COMMUNITY!
This is a subscription platform, and includes all sorts of affordable options and ways to engage in and support my work within and across communities of art and healing. It's also NEW, yay!
Grateful to be living on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. Thankful for their historical and ongoing stewardship of these beautiful lands. And honoured to move forward as an ally and co-conspirator in decolonization.