HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY OUTDOOR SESSIONS
OUTDOOR ART THERAPY
Outdoor art therapy in Victoria! I’ve just added some more consistent days and times into my calendar for outdoor bookings.
We can get creative in our healing …including where we do it, and what it looks like! Making choices to support ourselves (and BE supported) in different ways allows us to step into our personal agency in different ways …new ways. It allows us to model for ourselves what it looks like (and feels like) to SHOW UP for ourselves. So that we can heal, and better show up in our lives and communities.
For the time being, I won’t be setting up my portable tent studio… keeping things as open-air and spacious as we can. BUT I have 3 different options for outdoor sessions:
BEACON HILL PARK sessions are held in an open-air version of my portable studio (table, chairs, cushions… an assortment of art supplies, and a thermos of tea!).
WALK & TALK sessions can be more meandering… I will still bring art materials with me (just fewer). We can decide together whether to pause & sit somewhere, or keep walking. We can also work with bits of nature… at the beach, in the trees and meadows…
HOME VISIT sessions are outdoor only at the moment, in your yard… but will eventually shift into indoor/optional. Maybe you have mobility issues, or are not feeling comfortable (for whatever reason) moving around the city… or maybe you just LOVE your yard!
Private outdoor sessions can range anywhere from what you might imagine seeking counselling/therapy support for… to something more focused on developing a creative practice, learning to work with art materials in different (less formal, more curious) ways, working with creative blocks… (re)learning how to play as a gift of pause and reflection for yourself.
Sessions can be booked online if you’d like to go that route, or you can contact me directly to arrange an appointment.
See my Private Art Therapy page for more information about private (1:1) sessions.
See my RATES page for details.
- Once I’ve received your booking I will be in touch with you to send directions/map links.
- I will provide all art materials a thermos of tea, and hand sanitizer.
- Given the much reduced risk associated with outdoor interactions I won’t be requiring that you wear a mask.
- With sessions taking place outdoors, in public spaces – I cannot absolutely ensure confidentiality and privacy. And so, please note that booking an outdoor session will entail consenting to an understanding of this. (Though I have found that it feels surprisingly private).
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are feeling ill in any way, let me know and we will cancel or postpone your session to another day (with NO cancellation fee).
I will provide an assortment of art materials for each of our sessions together (that will be sanitized and/or “isolated” for a bit between uses). If you’re looking for suggestions for materials to gather for use outside of our sessions, take a peek at my Art Materials page.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Nurturing body-based creative curiosity
- Getting unstuck (overwhelm, underwhelm, complacency)
- Nervous system health, grounding practices
- Self-awareness, reflection, curiosity, growth
- Living in alignment with personal values
- Social activism, self & collective care
- Women's support (empowerment, decisions around/considering childfree living, the aging body, peri/menopause)
- Burnout & compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers, creatives)
- Anxiety, depression, fatigue, shutdown
- Trauma-informed grounding & processing
- Anger, irritability, frustration, stress management
- Developing (or re-igniting) a creative practice
ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause - with time, space, and support.
- Notice how you're ACTUALLY feeling (not how you should feel). To allow yourself to feel what you feel, without judgement. And to work towards understanding that differently.
- Explore different ways to be present and aware in your body, in discomfort, in transition - mindfully and with generosity.
- Create some space for regeneration, integration, and growth.
- Learn and integrate small (meaningful) ways to show up for yourself, and build self-trust.
- See and support your strength and capacity to imagine, initiate, and create change in your life.
- Explore a collaborative to approach to the work of personal healing - through a combination of talk, art-making, creative process, movement, and somatic awareness.
Author Ursula Le Guin describes our imaginations as the single most useful tool that we possess – a tool that we have to learn how to use, “to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them” – that the learning, teaching, and exercising of our imaginations is something foundational to our basic life skills “for growth, for health, for competence, for joy”.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
Sign up if you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s!
If you're able, I'd love it if you'd join my Patreon community in support of my Healing Fund! All proceeds collected go towards free private art therapy and/or group workshops for folks who need the support but who can't afford the expense.