HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY PRIVATE SESSIONS
Private art therapy sessions are dedicated to just you. Time and space to spend creating art (with or without purpose, or a project in mind), checking in with where you’re at, discussing goals/issues/concerns, and having some time to pause and reflect on it all.
My personal approach as an art therapist is very much grounded in creative process. Exploring art materials in different ways (both traditional and non-traditional) to see what they can do, how they behave in different combinations, and how those different materials and processes make you feel. Some sessions will be spent working on a particular project, and others will be spent (literally) mucking about and making a mess.
WHAT TO EXPECT
in a private (one-on-one) art therapy session:
- Private sessions are a combination of talk therapy and art-making (with a focus on creative process over final product).
- No experience with art or art materials is required, and you needn’t consider yourself “artistic” or “creative” to participate and benefit.
- This is time that’s dedicated to just you, to intentionally & collaboratively explore different materials and processes – and to notice how they make you FEEL, in your body, right now. To help you get a clearer sense of what you want & need, and to enlist your imagination in creating the changes that you’re looking for.
- You might arrive knowing exactly what you’d like to work with and/or talk about, or you might not. You might have an idea or issue that you’d like to explore – or maybe you don’t, and maybe it’s taken all that you have to just show up. Any which way – I’m here, with you – to guide & collaborate & keep & hold this space for you.
- There is no formula, no typical session …each day, each session will be different.
- Things will absolutely come up for you through the different processes that we will explore together, but I will not be making any diagnoses or interpretations based on the art that you make, or how you make it.
- This is a space and opportunity for you to explore, pause, reflect, be curious, and to make your own interpretations of what might come up (and out) for you.
- Our time together is confidential, respectful, and collaborative.
- I work primarily with adults. If you are looking for support for a child/youth I would be happy to make a recommendation.
For private sessions. All materials and GST are included.
1 hr: $125 | 1.5 hr: $150
1 hr sessions
3 sessions: $335 | 5 sessions: $560
1.5 hr sessions
3 sessions: $405 | 5 sessions: $675
PLEASE NOTE: Packages are prepaid, non-refundable, and you have up to one year to use all of your sessions (this can be somewhat flexible if you communicate a need to extend the time period).
If you’re not able to come to my studio, I also offer the option of online therapy sessions through Skype, Facetime or Zoom.
I offer a free 20 min consultation for those exploring their options, and feeling curious about art therapy. It’s important to feel that both a therapy modality and therapist are a good fit! Consultations are by phone, or Skype.
I’m very happy to offer sliding scale rate options – PLEASE don’t be shy to reach out if this is something that you’re interested in. Life can be bonkers expensive, and it’s important to me that my services be accessible to those that are interested.
I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Missed appointments, and appointments that are cancelled with less than 24 hour notice are charged the full session fee.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Self-care, life balance
- Women's support (empowerment, decisions around/considering childfree living, aging, peri/menopause, relationships)
- Burnout and compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers)
- Feeling stuck (overwhelmed, underwhelmed, paralyzed, scared)
- Anxiety, depression
- Stress management, anger
- Transition (big & small life changes, grief, loss)
- Developing a creative practice
ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause. With time, space, and support ...to discover clarity around what you want.
- Be supported through challenging life situations and changes.
- Explore new ways of accessing and understanding your emotions, your body, and your needs.
- Discover and explore your strengths and capacity to initiate and create change in your life.
- Explore and address your concerns through a combination of talk, art-making, and creative process.
- Learn how to access creative process (and develop a creative practice) as a resource and ongoing support tool.
Author Ursula Le Guin describes our imaginations as the single most useful tool that we possess – a tool that we have to learn how to use, “to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them” – that the learning, teaching, and exercising of our imaginations is something foundational to our basic life skills “for growth, for health, for competence, for joy”.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s …sign up for my mailing list!
I promise I won’t spam you, or share your information.
Grateful to be living and working on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples - xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.