HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY ONLINE SESSIONS
ONLINE ART THERAPY
My online sessions are currently being facilitated on Zoom, which is a very easy to use (and access) video conferencing platform.
Private sessions can range anywhere from what you might imagine seeking counselling/therapy support for… to something more focused on developing a creative practice, learning to work with art materials in different (less formal, more curious) ways, working with creative blocks… (re)learning how to play as a gift of pause and reflection for yourself.
ALSO, there’s something that I want to say about facilitating sessions in this way, online… I never (ever) would have imagined it, and hadn’t even considered moving the work that I do online prior to COVID… but it works. I know, I’m surprised too. But it still feels personal, and intimate. It still feels like we’re sharing space, and time, and pause. And while it’s different (of course) than being face-to-face in the same room… we can still have an experience of sharing our faces, our gestures, our voices and intonation.
See my Private Art Therapy page for general information about private sessions.
PRICING & INFO
Please see my Private Art Therapy page for details about my rates, cancellation policy, sliding scale, free consultations, and what to expect in a session!
- All private sessions must be pre-paid. See my Private Art Therapy page for more information.
- All of my online/remote sessions are facilitated on Zoom (a video conferencing platform, that’s very easy to use and access for most).
- Once I’ve received your booking (and payment) I will send you the information that you’ll need to access our Zoom session.
- PLEASE NOTE that these sessions will NOT be recorded, for reasons of confidentiality and privacy.
- With these sessions taking place online, you will need to provide your own art materials. This is something that we can talk about in more detail via email or phone prior to your first session. Also, see my Art Materials page for suggestions.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are feeling ill in any way, please let me know and we will cancel or postpone your session to another day (with NO cancellation fee).
- We can work with any art materials that you have on-hand, or I’ve also prepared a list of suggested materials that you can purchase (or gather) in advance of our session(s).
- Many art supply shops are still open for online/phone orders and curbside/no-contact pick-up or delivery. Some suggestions for those of you in Vancouver: Opus Art Supplies, Rath Art Supplies, Urban Source, and Collage Collage.
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Getting unstuck (overwhelm, underwhelm, complacency)
- Nervous system regulation, grounding techniques
- Self-awareness, reflection & curiosity
- Women's support (empowerment, decisions around/considering childfree living, aging, peri/menopause, relationships)
- Burnout & compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers)
- Anxiety, depression, fatigue, shutdown
- Trauma-informed grounding & processing
- Anger, irritability, frustration, stress management
- Life transitions (big & small life changes, grief, loss)
- Developing a creative practice
ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause. With time, space, and support ...to notice how you're ACTUALLY feeling, to express that, and to work towards understanding it.
- Be supported through challenging life situations and transitions.
- Explore new ways of accessing and understanding your emotions, your body, and your needs.
- Discover and explore your strengths and capacity to imagine, initiate, and create change in your life.
- Explore and address your concerns through a combination of talk, art-making, movement & creative process.
- Learn how to access a creative process (and develop a creative practice) as a resource and ongoing support tool.
Author Ursula Le Guin describes our imaginations as the single most useful tool that we possess – a tool that we have to learn how to use, “to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them” – that the learning, teaching, and exercising of our imaginations is something foundational to our basic life skills “for growth, for health, for competence, for joy”.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s …sign up for my mailing list! I promise I won't spam you, or share your information.
JOIN MY PATREON COMMUNITY!
This is a subscription platform, and includes all sorts of affordable options and ways to engage in and support my work within and across communities of art and healing. It's also NEW, yay!