HEY SHAUNA ART THERAPY OUTDOOR SESSIONS
Updated July 2, 2020
Please check back for details about how I will be moving forward …ever forward into these strange times!
I do not have any immediate plans to re-open my studio for in-person sessions (yet), but I will continue to offer online private sessions (on Zoom) AND outdoor private (one-on-one) sessions.
OUTDOOR ART THERAPY
Outdoor sessions are now available! And can be booked online in if you want to go that route, or you can contact me directly to arrange an appointment. These outdoor sessions are in-person, distanced (physical distancing to align with COVID safety precautions), and for those in Vancouver only. Most sessions so far are in Stanley Park but I’m also open to chatting about other locations that are seawall adjacent.
See my Private Art Therapy page for general information about private (one-on-one) sessions.
If you have any questions – please ask.
PRICING & INFO
Please see my Private Art Therapy page for details about my rates, cancellation policy, sliding scale, free consultations, and what to expect in a session!
- All private sessions must be pre-paid. See my Private Art Therapy page for more information.
- Outdoor sessions will take place in Stanley Park (and surrounding beaches), or anywhere along the seawall routes in Vancouver.
- Once I’ve received your booking I will be in touch with you to arrange a meeting place.
- You will need to bring your own blanket, drinking water, and hand sanitizer.
- We will maintain physical distancing (minimum of 6 ft) throughout our session.
- Given the much reduced risk associated with outdoor interactions I won’t be requiring that you wear a mask. My concern and flexibility around this is grounded in the importance of facial gesture and intonation when engaging in personal work of this nature.
- With sessions taking place outdoors, in public spaces – I cannot absolutely ensure confidentiality and privacy. And so, please note that booking an outdoor session will entail consenting to an understanding of this.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are feeling ill in any way, please let me know and we will cancel or postpone your session to another day (with NO cancellation fee).
I’m happy to provide materials that can be safely shared (and sanitized) …and for anything outside of that:
- We can work partly (or entirely) with found nature objects
- You can purchase an art material package from me, that I will bring to our session (and give to you, for use in future sessions)
- You can bring your own art materials (see my Art Materials page for suggestions)
- A combination of all of the above…
SOME OF MY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Getting unstuck (overwhelmed, underwhelm, complacency)
- Nervous system regulation, grounding techniques
- Self-awareness, reflection & inquiry
- Women's support (empowerment, decisions around/considering childfree living, aging, peri/menopause, relationships)
- Burnout & compassion fatigue for caregivers (prevention & recovery)
- Creative blocks (artists, writers)
- Anxiety, depression, fatigue, shutdown
- Trauma-informed grounding & processing
- Anger, irritability, frustration, stress management
- Life transitions (big & small life changes, grief, loss)
- Developing a creative practice
ART THERAPY GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Pause. With time, space, and support ...to notice how you're ACTUALLY feeling, to express that, and to work towards understanding it.
- Be supported through challenging life situations and transitions.
- Explore new ways of accessing and understanding your emotions, your body, and your needs.
- Discover and explore your strengths and capacity to imagine, initiate, and create change in your life.
- Explore and address your concerns through a combination of talk, art-making, movement & creative process.
- Learn how to access a creative process (and develop a creative practice) as a resource and ongoing support tool.
Author Ursula Le Guin describes our imaginations as the single most useful tool that we possess – a tool that we have to learn how to use, “to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them” – that the learning, teaching, and exercising of our imaginations is something foundational to our basic life skills “for growth, for health, for competence, for joy”.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming art therapy workshops, and some occasional what-have-you’s …sign up for my mailing list! I promise I won't spam you, or share your information.
JOIN MY PATREON COMMUNITY!
This is a subscription platform, and includes all sorts of affordable options and ways to engage in and support my work within and across communities of art and healing. It's also NEW, yay!
Grateful to be living on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. Thankful for their historical and ongoing stewardship of these beautiful lands. And honoured to move forward as an ally and co-conspirator in decolonization.